Patient Complaints Procedure
It is our aim to always have satisfied patients, to meet your expectations of care and service and to resolve any complaints as efficiently, effectively and politely as possible. We take complaints very seriously, we investigate them in a full and fair way and take great care to protect your confidentiality. We learn from complaints to improve our care and service. We will never discriminate against patients who have made a complaint.
If you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of our care or service please let us know as soon as possible to allow us to address your concerns promptly. If you are dissatisfied with your dental treatmen please contact the complaint manager, Hina Mistry, using the details below:
Address: R Dental Clinic, 460 Idle Road, Bradford BD2 2AR.
Telephone: 01274 638061
Hina Mistry will be your personal contact to assist you with any complaints. If Hina is unavailable, we will take brief details about the complaint and will arrange for a meeting with Hina or another member of staff as soon as possible. We will keep comprehensive and confidential records of your complaint, which will be stored securely and only be accessible only by those who need to know about your complaint.
If the complaint investigation takes longer than anticipated the Hina or a staff member will keep you informed of the reason for the delay, the progress of the investigation and the proposed date it will be completed.
When the investigation has been completed, you will be informed of its outcome in writing and invited to a meeting to discuss the results and any practical solutions that we can offer to you. These solutions could include replacing treatment, refunding fees paid, referring you for specialist treatments or other solutions that meet your needs and resolve the complaint.
We regularly analyse patient complaints to learn from them and to improve our services. That’s why we always welcome your feedback, comments, suggestions and complaints. If you are dissatisfied with our response to a complaint you can take it further, please see the contacts below:
- NHS England at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line or ring 0300 311 2233.
- If you are still unhappy about your NHS complaint, you can contact the Parliamentary Health Ombudsman (England): by calling 0345 015 4033 or visiting www.ombudsman.org.uk
- For private dental treatment you can contact the GDC private dental complaints service within 12 months of the treatment or within 12 months of becoming aware of the issue by calling 020 8253 0800 or visiting www.dentalcomplaints.org.uk.
- You can also contact CQC who may be able to help. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) who regulates private and NHS dental care services in England by calling 03000 616161. They can take action against a service provider that is not meeting their standards.
- The General Dental Council is responsible for regulating all dental professionals. You can complain using their online form at www.gdc-uk.org contact them on email@example.com or by calling 020 7167 6000.
If you are unsure about any of the information regarding the complaint procedures, please contact the R Dental Clinic, 01274 638 061.